Saturday, June 15, 2013

DAPKA KHADI FOR ICC~MAY

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
Weather is playing hide and seek with us :-) Everything served on the plate should be hot and spicy. So the butter milk has taken its seat back. But boiled butter milk or Hot butter milk?? Yes, its my favorite always. I wait for this weather to enjoy this Kadhi. 
Last month I prepared the same way but with Mangalore Cucumber (which is again my favorite) and I was lazy to post it in my blog.
When Valli announced the challenge for this month's Indian Cooking Challenge, I was happy. One more reason to be happy was its my favorite cuisine, its from Gujarat :-)

I am here with my clicks:-

Can you see my Dapkas?

Moongdal paste

Buttermilk with Besan

Baked Moong dal dapkas

I faced a problem with dapkas. When I put those in the kadhi, they did not pop up but thanks for the tips Valli, I baked those in microwave for 3 minutes and then added in the kadhi.
Still they were hard, don't know the reason.
The taste was good

Ready to serve with Rotlas

I enjoyed it with hot rice :-) 

 Keep Smiling,


No comments:

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog