Sunday, September 12, 2010

Brinjal masala

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
Some times, I don't understand to name the food I prepared. I don't know what name should I give to this food so just given as Brinjal Masala.
I tried this without any plan. But it came out very good. And I loved it with hot rice and pickle.
These long hybrid brinjals are not regular in our place. We get those purple round small and big ones. So when ever I see these, I bring home. I make Sambhar or normal dry sabji with tomato and onion. But this time, I thought of trying something new and I was not sure that what I am going to do. I just opened the spice box and checked what is available.

I  came out with this recipe:

Ingredients :
Brinjal - 3, cut into round slices and kept in the water
Tomato - 1 big, grated
Oil  - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Jaggery - 1 tsp
Water - 1/4 cup

Dry roast and powder:
Dry red chilly - 3
Dry coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Dry coconut - 2 tbsp

Heat oil in a kadai.
Add mustard seeds. Once splutter, add tomato and masala powder. Mix well.
Add the brinjal slices. Fry for some time.
Add all other ingredients with 1/4 cup of water. Mix well and cook till the brinjals are soft. It takes very less time(5 to 7 minutes).
Adjust the seasoning.
Have with chapati or rice.

Sending this to
Jay's on going event  
jay Ho Brinjal

And
Akila's 

Keep Smiling,

13 comments:

Satya said...

brijal masala looks delicious ...hey nive i had some misunderstanding as i thought we have to try the recipe n take a click n send u through mail n once roundup will be only of photos sent to you ...so i mailed u Tosha but didn't publish it :)
anyways thanks for the recipe.. i enjoyed it

Akila said...

looks delicious and spicy dear.... thanks for sending to my event...

http://akilaskitchen.blogspot.com

Regards,
Akila.

Unknown said...

Hi NIveditha,

lovely recipe..good luck woth the event...

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com
www.lovelypriyanka.blogspot.com

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Any variety of cooking with brinjal tastes terrefic,masala brinjal sounds delicious

Hari Chandana P said...

Lovely and delicious recipe.. looks too good !!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! THIS MASALA BRINJAL LOOKS YUMMMMY....:)

Veggie Hut said...

Interesting recipe

Suja Manoj said...

Unique recipe..delicious and invirting

Nammaruchi.blogspt.com said...

Looks very delicious Dear...

kitchen queen said...

lovely mouth watering brinjal masala.

Priya Suresh said...

Very tempting brinji masala, yumm!

Daisy Roshan said...

wow....a very different recipe!

do visit my blog when u get time

http://roshanscucina.blogspot.com/

Jay said...

thanks a lot for sending ur entry to the Jay ho brinjal event: Please check the event round up here!
http://jayzkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/03/jay-ho-brinjal-september-december-2010.html

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog